Please Secure Your Wallets and Make Sure Your Trays are in an Upright Position because We’re About to Take Off
Well, it looks like banks are now going to behave like airlines – they’re going to nickle and dime you for everything! The new law going into effect on Saturday will reduce the fee charged to merchants every time your debit card is swiped which is good for small business owners.
To make up for the lost revenue major banking institutions are doing the only thing they can do, pass those costs onto you! Wow, what a sensible thing to do. I know I learned in my business classes that the best way to keep a customer is to piss them off. Some of the new things banks will be trying are:
– Monthly charges for having a debit card that range from 3-5 dollars.
– A charge for paper billing.
– Increased ATM charges.
– Charging their customers (you) every time you swipe your debit card at a store
– Fees for any recurring payments your have set up
– Fees for doing business at a local bank branch
And knowing the big banks, there probably will be tons of other hidden fees. Ah, I’m getting so tired of the rampant greed. Greed, greed everywhere.
Glad I bank at a credit union.